Take Your Off-Road Expedition Vehicle Anywhere
The LandArk RA-6/RA-4 is a compact overland vehicle that packs the strength and torque of a tractor into a powerful package you can take on- and off-road. It features a durable chassis and drivetrain for tackling any rough terrain in Colorado and beyond. Its compact dimensions and power/weight ratio give you perfect control in any environment, even with a towed load.
Couch Off-Road Engineering has specifically designed the LandArk as a reliable vehicle for travelling in the harshest conditions found on Earth and safely getting you to any destination. The LandArk is engineered and built to last you for decades through every off-road challenge you need to take on.
The LandArk is based o the NATO proven U1300L Unimog. The worldwide use of this Unimog over the last 40+ years guarantees spare parts availability & workshop familiarity globally for decades to come.
- Living module customized to customer’s specs utilizing the latest in proven design & construction techniques. This topic is an entire brochure in itself.
- 8.3 Litre Cummins inline 6 cylinder at 350hp & 1050ft lb torque.
- Maximum speed: 89mph. Rated Cruising Speed: 65mph. at 1750rpm.
- Operating range: 1000mi with 140gal fuel capacity.
- Optional electric drive can be run silent “short term” is controlled infinitely from 0-27mph via joystick. Fully reversible without use of a clutch.
- Tires are 49”x17.1” on 24” custom wheels “Runflat Optional."
- Drive train & engine cranking system are pressurized for sustained deep water fording.
- 1/2 Elliptic suspension design allows lower living module mounting for improved clearance & center of gravity. 32-Speed Fully Reversible Transmission 11gpm hydraulic system for use of implements & recovery gear.
- 32 Speed transmission is remotely air/oil cooled & filtered for long service intervals.
- Inter axle gearbox allows true 6x6 tractive force selectability.
- Illumination is all HID & LED.
- Optionally available “Base Camp” living module is detachable & three way tipper flatbed is still utilized on LandArk for transporting goods/equipment.
- The chassis is logically reinforced, yet still remains flexible for extreme off-road use even when not at max GVW.
- Cabin and a living module include radiant floor heating as well as the forced air heating and air conditioning.
- Cabin is heavily heat & sound insulated. Cab reinforcement installed at B&C pillars. Suicide rear doors allow loading from front to back.
Not Just Another RV
The LandArk Series is the next generation of a truly capable off-road expedition vehicle with competent on-road manners. Its operating systems are completely data processor free. This relatively simple mechanical architecture assists in eliminating many common failures evidenced in today's current trend of overly complex and failure prone designs found in the most critical engine management and drive train control systems. This also makes the LandArk EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) resistant in the case of an intense EMP weapons attack. This translates into a Survival Expedtion Vehicle that will still be moving and operating at full capacity after an EMP attack and a vehicle that can quickly be repaired in remote areas of the world with the use of simple, easy to find tools.
What is B.O.V.?
Whether you need to reach your bug-out location or another area of safety in the case of an emergency, you need a failsafe way to get there. Emergency evacuations occur in unpredictable and often dangerous conditions where panic and confusion can take over. That's why evacuation plans and preparation are necessary to ensure self-sufficiency and safe travel. A bug-out vehicle (B.O.V.) is one of the most important elements of contingency plans.
The LandArk Series fully operates without any data processors to give you peace of mind in the case of any EMP weapons attack emergency situations. Emergency repair and maintenance is completely self-reliant requiring only simple, easily found tools. Cruise the road or traverse off-road obstacles with the confidence your RA vehicle will be operational when you need it to be.
What good is an off-road expedition vehicle if it can't traverse off-road?
The LandArk is relatively compact at 9' 6" tall. At approximately 26' long, its total length is only 4' longer than a typical domestic crew cab pickup. It has a GVW of approximately 24,000 lbs. spread across six 49" x 17"CTIS controlled tires.
Utilizing the sound Unimog coil suspension up front, the LandArk takes full advantage of the unique 6x6 qualities by utilizing a half elliptic equalizing rear suspension design. This system nearly eliminates tire lift and axle overloading experienced in other coil sprung 6x6 designs.
Brought to you by Couch Off-Road Engineering
The LandArk is a vehicles created to be an instrument with which to carry you into, through, and beyond the harshest conditions on Earth. It is a machine architected with your well being in mind. The LandArk is the BOV which can be trusted to get the job done and continue, not for just years, but decades to come.